Isn’t everyone tired of “6 things to do in a typhoon”? Have you had enough of “12 ways to stop a bloody nose’? Are we ready for something more than “3 interesting places to live in Moldavia”.
Really, this has simply gone too far. Do the readers actually believe that this is well researched accurate information or do they read it anyway knowing it’s just mindless repetitive drivel? Okay, maybe the first couple of lists were worthwhile and timely. The Ten Commandments had value and the Bill of Rights made sense, but it’s been downhill for lists ever since.
Usually the list writer (the Lister) has one valid point to make. Then they kind of make the rest up. Take this list (found on the web) about dogs for example:
Six Useful Ways to Stop Dog Snoring
1. If your dog is suffering from snoring caused by allergens make sure you clean his bedding every day. Walk him outdoors when the pollen levels are low and when there isn’t too much traffic. Vacuum regularly and keep rugs and curtains dust free.
Most dogs are lucky if they get walked at all. Also the dog’s not suffering, it’s asleep.
2. Regularly exercise your pet so that he will reduce in weight and the snoring problem stops.
People just feed their dogs too much, particularly treats. But then since most Americans are fat, what do you expect?
3. A small surgery may be conducted on breeds predisposed to snoring. However, the surgery is generally conducted when dogs are young.
Right…surgery is the answer for everything.
4. Try to change the way your dog sleeps by either changing his bed or his sleeping posture.
That’s probably impossible unless your going to stay up all night and watch the dog sleep.
5. Give your dog a pillow. If he uses the pillow it will elevate his head and may reduce snoring.
My vote for the most useless comment.
6. Avoid smoking next to your dog. Keep him in a smoke free environment.
We blame smoking for almost everything else, why not dogs snoring?
In this case the writer had no valid points to make, but people really like dogs, so a list for dogs is probably going to get clicked a lot.
VISIT VISIBLE COUNTRY FOR AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS